Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

favourites

It's difficult to have this allergy for a number of reasons. It SUCKS to have itchy feet, it's expensive to replace all of your shoes, socks, and pantyhose, and you feel like you're going to have dowdy old lady shoes or crazy hippie shoes made only out of hemp. Don't fear! There are some brands out there that are stylish, fun, comfortable, and most importantly, won't make your feet itchy!
I've bought a lot of shoes in the past three years. I'm on my feet all day and try to switch my shoes often. I also LOVE shoes. It was quite the blow when I had to get rid of all of my shoes. But now I buy better quality shoes, and they are actually cute and more comfortable! I thought it might help to run down a few of my favourite shoes to give you an idea of what's out there.

My favourite shoes:
I own a LOT of Gabor shoes. They are awesome because they have comfortable tennis style shoes that resemble converse but they are all leather. They have classic pumps in different styles, funky fashion shoes, tall and short boots, ballet flats, etc. They come in a variety of styles, colours, and with different decoration like bows, studs, and rhinestones. I love that I feel great in these shoes because they look stylish, young, professional, and they are comfortable because they are usually lined with leather and it is stitched. (The Gabor fall/winter preview just came out, so now I have to fight the urge to shoe shop!)
My Kamik rain boots are AWESOME! They are waterproof, fitted to my foot and not too loose like other rain boots, and come in fun patterns. They help me protect my other shoes because I will wear these and switch into my shoes when I get to work. They are also made in Canada! So I love that!
My Newton running shoes allow me to work out and jog. They are also great because I've learned to midsole run because they are a midsole running shoe which is better for one's joints.
I have two pairs of winter boots from Ugg. I have their classic tall sheepskin boots and the Adirondack style which I can use to go snowshoeing. They are comfortable and keep my feet toasty.
Birkenstocks rule for summer! I also wear them around my house often if I've been on my feet in high heels all day because they are supportive.
Sanuk skimmers are great for kayaking because they dry easily.
Those are my favourites!

Newtons are no longer safe!  check out TEVA

No comments:

Post a Comment