Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Chemical Compounds

If you decide you want to email companies or need to investigate more areas than the ones from my blog, then you will need to email companies to ask them to investigate their products. Thiuram will not be included on an RSL (Restricted Substances List) or MSDS (Materials Safety Data Sheet) for common household items or personal items, so you need to give them the chemical compound names. Thiuram is commonly listed in these compounds:
· Tetramethylthiuram monosulfide
· Tetramethylthiuram disulfide
· Disulfiram
· Dipentamethylenethiuram disulfide

It may be listed under these initials: CTMTD, CTETD, TMTD and TMTD

Below is a copy of my sample email. I email this to the shoe companies asking for help and have had some success.

Hi,
I have an allergy to Thiuram, which is an accelerator used in the processing of natural and synthetic rubbers, but not to rubber or latex itself. It is commonly listed in these compounds:
· Tetramethylthiuram monosulfide
· Tetramethylthiuram disulfide
· Disulfiram
· Dipentamethylenethiuram disulfide
It may be listed under these initials: CTMTD, CTETD, TMTD and TMTD

I was hoping you could give me information about whether or not any of your shoes are free of these chemicals? They are usually in soles, midsoles, glues, and anti-fungal sprays.

Any help that you can give me would be great, as I am trying to rebuild my shoe collection after having had to get rid of most of my shoes due to this allergy.

Thanks.


Sincerely,
Your name

No comments:

Post a Comment